Everyone should consult a General Dentist in Trumbull CT on a regular basis, regardless of their age or oral health. Repetitive exams not only allow people to get their teeth professionally cleaned, but these exams also play a vital role in the prevention of oral ailments. If you want to keep a fantastic-looking smile throughout life, do not neglect your teeth -; schedule routine visits to the dentist!
Routine visits and their frequency
The suggested regularity for dental visits will vary. The time between visits usually ranges from 3 to 12 months. A General Dentist in Trumbull CT will be able to recommend the frequency that best suits each patient’s needs. Several aspects impact this decision, including:
- Oral diseases suffered in the past
- The use of tobacco products
- Health circumstances that need special consideration (like diabetes or heart disease)
- The person’s general state of health
More than just a cleaning
Routine appointments give a dentist and their dental team the chance to use techniques that are vital to sustaining ideal oral health, including:
- Deep cleaning: Thanks to specialized tools, dentists can remove plaque and tartar from the teeth’s surface.
- Preventive examination: A dentist will perform a careful examination of their patient’s oral tissues and look for early-stage oral diseases.
- Diagnosis: Provide a precise diagnosis when needed, to ensure each person gets the appropriate care.
This is also a fantastic chance for the dental team to offer each patient some advice on their hygiene habits and to answer any questions the patient may have.
Prevention is essential when protecting your smile
Dental decay is one of the most common diseases worldwide. In fact, a significant proportion of adults are affected. Nevertheless, a dentist and their team can help prevent their appearance and treat cavities. Choosing the right dentist can make a huge difference in getting your oral health where it should be.
Untreated cavities can have serious consequences that can lead to irreversible loss of the affected tooth. Dental clinics provide the right amount of care to prevent the appearance of decay while limiting the extent of the damage caused. Do not be afraid of the dentist -; schedule a consult today. Contact Us for more details.